Wednesday, February 3, 2010

She Made it to the Summit!

So, maybe she had a little help on the climb... in fact she slept the whole way. My parents were here a few weeks ago and we got outdoors and hiked Piestewa Peak in Phoenix. It was so nice to get out and be active... something I can't get enough of. My mom was here for an entire month to help with Grace; let's say she was my saving "grace." I can't thank her enough for all of her help.
Grace is such a cutie... that is when she is not fussing... something she tends to do often, but I can say that I think she is getting better. I guess it's tough being little and not being able to tell your mommy that your tummy hurts or you are having a hard time falling asleep.
Steve and I tend to talk for Grace (mostly me). It makes it easier for me to listen to the fussing and sometimes it's just a fun way to joke around when just Grace and I are at home. Here she says: "the light was to bright for my eyes, so I decided to put my blinders on."
Grace doesn't seem to like the adorable bassinet we scored on craigslist for her. She prefers to sleep in the bouncer. I must say it's nice because I don't have to get out of bed when she wakes up.
Once again she says: "Is it morning already? I need a little more shut eye since I was up most of the night... sorry mom. Can you please dim the lights?"

You'll notice this adorable onesie Grace is wearing. My friend Brooke made it for her... she is so crafty. Thanks Brooke!
To help with the fussing, I have to give thanks to the Sleep Sheep. This adorable little stuft animal makes 5 different soothing sounds; Grace prefers "ocean," but "rain" sometimes does the trick as well. We tote this little friend all around. I also think Grace's tummy tends to give her trouble. These gas relief drops have helped tremendously... we're almost already on a second bottle.

14 lovely notes:

rawhide said...

she is SUPER cute cara...i hope that you get some sleep again soon.

Brenbren said...

This is the 1st time I have seen this little beauty! She is adorable! Hey, I have a white, cream, dark brown, and black head band if you still want them.
brenda

flower7657 said...

Cara I just love your post and the cute pics! Of, I wish I could hold her again...please come soon. She is so cute!!

ed and brooke said...

So funny. We do the same "jokes" to Esley. He isn't ever amused like we are though. Have you tried gripe water? Yeah, we are on seconds and thirds of that and the mylicon (the gas relief drops). Ed downloaded an app for his phone of water music. We play it on the go. Things get better... or so they say...

Lizzie Jones said...

Cara, you look AWESOME!

And this little one is amazingly beautiful. Great work! :)

Abby Paulsen said...

Cara I love little gracie baby. She is such a sweet pea and has blue eyes! I can't wait to see her in person. You look great too! Love you lots!

Lenice said...

What a cute little momma you are.

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

I can't believe you're out hiking. You rock. Grace is super cute, hope you're having a blast with her. Wish we were still there, we could go on walks together everyday. Oh well, I'll just imagine myself along side you.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and Cara looks great as well! Hope to see and have a chance to hold that darling little baby!

Deidre said...

Talking to them is the only thing that keeps you sane sometimes. I don't understand people who never say much to their little babies.

Tara and Ricky said...

So sweet Cara!!! I totally want to meet her sometime! You will definitely have to give me a call when you guys are in town. Julia came down from Logan today and we went to lunch and hung out for a bit. We talked about how we missed you and the ward up there:) Anyways, let me know when you're here... I am dying to love on a little girl... Not that boys aren't great because they are... you know what I mean:)

Criscell said...

Oh I'm so sorry you've got a fussy one on your hands!! I hear your pain! Caysja cried and cried when she was a baby and I felt so helpless and I was SO tired too! She slept in her carseat forever because she loved to have an incline. Hang in there! It doesn't last forever. She's super cute!!

Plowgian Page said...

Cara-the photos are beautiful. Your comments take me back in time. I so remember those days like they just happened with Emma.. the eye coverings, the gas drops, the white noise machine (in your case, a toy)... everything. It will pass, I promise! Sounds like you are doing well and taking it in stride?

Emily said...

She looks so much like you! She's just a doll & I can't wait to take pictures of you guys! :) love you!