Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sedona

Well, Steve's finals are finally over! To celebrate, we decided to head up north to Sedona for the weekend... it was soooo much fun. I'm very excited because Steve gets 2 weeks off for Thanksgiving! He still has some things that he needs to study over the break, but I we will definetly have a lot more time together. Here are some of our adventures this weekend...
We did about 9 miles of hiking on Saturday... it was amazing!
I was a little scared when I walked over to that ledge... it looks a lot higher in real life.
This one reminds me of Lake Powell.
Steve climed up to this little cove... and he even had a sprained ankle from playing basketball the day before! I just think he has a very good pain tolerance.
Hole in the rock... literally.
Taking a nap...
I can't believe he got his whole body in there.
The challenging part is getting out! We saw lots of art too.
This is actually a painting.

5 lovely notes:

Anonymous said...

Love those rocks! What a beautiful canyon...hope to visit there some day. Are you guys coming for Thanksgiving? Hope so!

Amy said...

Looks beautiful! I can't believe you guys are still able to wear shorts. I showed this post to the kids. Ben said, "What!? Steve's jumpin' outta dat wock!" Jane said, "Is Kira gonna get eaten by that horsie?" Huh? No.

Deidre said...

Did I mention I'm jealous of the two weeks vacation and the weather!? Glad you guys get a little break.

bryan said...

Heya-- It looks like sedona was a great deal of fun. Perhaps Kristin and I will venture forth to check it out one of these days. p.s. Cranium is awesome

Emily said...

how much fun! You two deserve some good quality time together! Beautiful pictures too, I can't believe how tiny you look in that hole in the rock!