Friday, November 7, 2008

DDR


So, it seems that I have a new addiction: Dance Dance Revolution. I know this game is kind of old and its popularity died out long ago, but I have wanted to own one of these things for years. Steve got me one for my birthday a few weeks ago, but the story behind this birthday present is what makes me realize how lucky I am to be married to such an amazing person. Since we have only one vehicle, Steve's current mode of transportation is a bicycle that has a knack for getting flat tires (as some of you may know we sold Steve's car before we moved here). I occupy our vehicle almost everyday of the week and and some weekends because of work. Steve wanted to purchase my birthday present without me knowing and decided to use his bike for transportation. Luckily when he made the trip to Wal-Mart he didn't have a flat tire, but the journey was still quite eventful. Steve rode about 6 miles to Wal-Mart on a very warm Arizona day with his backpacking pack to put the presents in. He not only got me DDR, but also a sewing machine since I can no longer make a trip to my sister's house to use hers. Unfortunately the sewing maching box did not fit in the backpack. Steve rode all the way home with a DDR box in his backpack and a large sewing machine box on his handlebars! I'm such a lucky girl...


You can see the intense concentration.


But, it all pays off in the end... a nearly perfect score.

note: REENACTMENT

Now I just have to figure out how to use this thing...


13 lovely notes:

Cara said...

I don't mind as if you don't mind me looking at yours as well! I was looking at your links and we know a lot of the same people (from different places) Landon (one of my husbands best friends) and Nicole, Grace and Johnny (Grace is a good friend) and the McAffees (our neighbors in student housing.) Such a small world!

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

I love your posts! He sure is a great guy to do that for you. DDR looks fun, I've never played it before. Maybe I can come over and count that as my exercise. We'll have to do some sewing projects now that you have your own machine.

Plowgian Page said...

What a man and I'm sure thats a Birthday you'll never forget. I need to try that Dance Dance Revolution thing. Maybe it will inspire me to exercise in a fun way! If you drive up for Christmas you should bring it. It was great to talk to you yesterday.

Plowgian Page said...

What a man and I'm sure thats a Birthday you'll never forget. I need to try that Dance Dance Revolution thing. Maybe it will inspire me to exercise in a fun way! If you drive up for Christmas you should bring it. It was great to talk to you yesterday.

Kellee said...

I love DDR. At our old gym I would always try to get Zak to play with me. I love that Steve went to all that work to try to surprise you. Were you surprised? Happy birthday, by-the-way!

Deidre said...

What a sweet man!

Angie said...

Hi Cara! I am so glad that you found my blog...I looked at yours for the first time the other day too. It looks like things are going well with you :). Check back often cause I am always posting pictures of my kids {& I'll check back with you :)}.

~ Angie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Love the updates, keep them coming! Lots of hugs, Heidi

grace said...

Cara, Tia would be so proud to know that you've decided to get active by playing DDR!

Amy said...

CARA!? Steve is awesome. I love that you did a reenactment. What a guy to go to such great lengths to surprise you. We love you guys. I've heard that DDR is quite the workout. A boy in our old ward was in a DDR championship - yikes... Maybe I could recruit you to help us with our Halloween costumes for next year, now that you have a sewing machine :)

Emily said...

I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?! I'm so sorry! how was it? Did you have a fantastic day? That DDR story is priceless, and I love the reinactment pictures, so awesome! AND a sewing machine! That is so cool! I need one! Happy Belated Birthday Cara! I love you!
xoxox,
Em

Holly and Daric said...

What a nice husband, hope you had a great day!

brooke and chad coon said...

when i was 9 months pregnant, and my doctor told me i'd very likely be devlivering past my due date, DDR became my favorite thing (in hopes that all the jumping would start the labor soon).

chad wants to move to AZ so that we can have only one car. i don't know if he's thought through events such as yours though...

hope you had a good birthday!!