Saturday, June 20, 2009

Little One on the Way...

Well, many of you already know, but for those of you who haven't heard...

we are having a BABY!

Since we don't know if it's a boy or a girl we call the baby "little bug"...


I am 12 weeks along & looking forward to the end of the first trimester in about a week. I hear that pregnancy gets a lot better at about that time. I've had a bad case of what I call "evening sickness." I actually feel pretty good in the morning and by the end of the day (about 5:00) I get really nauseated. Luckily, I had about 2 "good days" this week and I think all of this will ease up soon. I'm not as exhausted eithernow... I can do with 8-9 hrs. of sleep instead of 10 or 11.

I'm not really showing, but Steve and I are going to take pictures of my belly profile every couple weeks and make a flip book in the end.

We are so excited to welcome a new little one. My due date is January 2nd. It's funny because many people have reminded me (mostly guys) that if the baby comes before the new year we get a nice tax credit :)

21 lovely notes:

flower7657 said...

Such a cute entry!!!! I love the little bug!!!

Emily said...

YAHOOO!!!! HOT MAMA!!!

Now the secret it out!! You are going to be the best Mom Cara!!! I'm sorry I couldn't talk last time you called. :) You are wonderful! Thanks for being such a great friend! Love you!!

Kim said...

Congratulations you guys!!! You're going to be such CUTE parents:-)

Holly and Daric said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

ed and brooke said...

I didn't know you two had a blog! I'm adding you to my blog roll.

Congratulations! You're going to be sucha good mom.

brooke and chad coon said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!

melanie said...

Cara try for Jan. 2nd. 2010 would be cool year to be born. Congrats.
Aunt Melanie

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

So happy for you guys. I wish we were going to be there to see your belly and the baby of course. Hope you start feeling better soon. You will bounce right back after because you're in such great shape.

grace said...

I got your text about this as well and I couldn't be more excited for you both! Congrats!

Amy said...

Hooray, the news is OUT! That's funny that all of you Paulsen girls seem to have your first babies in January. No pressure, Abby! I'm glad you've gotten a few feeling-good days in there. Second trimester is simply lovely :)

Amanda said...

Cara, I'm so excited for you!!! I'm just sad I won't be able to see you! You'll have to keep the blog updated!

Heidi said...

Congrats - we love you both...

Brenbren said...

CONGRATS! You don't even look pregnant! YEAH! How exciting!

Deidre said...

So exciting. I'm glad we got to catch up a little and you guys came to the blessing stuff. We need to get together once more before we leave!

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll be wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you both the very best and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Plowgian Page said...

I'm excited to see you belly grow since I don't get to see your in person. I too had more of the evening sickness. It must run in the family. I hope you are feeling better. Sending my love!

Plowgian Page said...

If you have your baby on the 2nd and Emma and her new cousin will share a Birthday. Try, try, try!

Tara and Ricky said...

Hooray!!! We get to be prego friends together:)!! How fun is that?! I hope you are moving out of that blasted first trimester with ease! I need to put another post on my blog, but my tummy has officially popped out. It's kind of crazy, but it's so fun when it becomes more real! We find out in 2 weeks what we are having.... I can't wait!!! Anyways, keep up the posts!

Criscell said...

Oh my gosh, I feel so stupid that I haven't congratulated you sooner!!! I haven't been checking blogs as faithfully lately (too busy!) so CONGRATS!!! I'm SOOO super happy for you!!! You'll be a great mom. I'm sorry you've felt sick at night. Hopefully that will end soon. You look fantastic!

Lynz said...

Cara I'm so excited for you!! that is awesome...i just ran into your brother he was coming to draw labs on my POD and i just happened to be looking at your blog and he said..oh that's my grandma are you looking at my sister's blog.. small world :) hope all is going well with your husband's med school. are you still trying to get into a nursing program?