Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Happenings

So I made a New Year's resolution last year to post at least once every month. And here it is New's Years Eve and I am quickly entering this post for December... looks like my procrastinating hasn't changed yet.

Steve, Grace, and I are up in Utah right now visiting family and friends. We will be leaving January 2nd after a long 2.5 week trip up here. I came up with Grace a little early and managed to drive all 11 hrs with only 2 quick stops with a very grumpy baby in the backseat.

It's been a fun trip, but I'm excited to get back to AZ... it seems to be growing on me more and more. Here are a few of the highlights from the past couple weeks:

Celebrating a Norweigian Christmas Eve at my Aunt Marie and Uncle Charle's home... such a special tradition! Grace got to open 1 gift that night after watching Santa put presents under the tree.

Christmas morning... someone looks tired!

Our Princess Turned One!

So, my baby girl turned 1 today! We had a fabulous princess party yesterday with lots of royal guests, decadent cake, and games fit for a princess!


Thanks to my sister Abby for making such tasty and beautiful cakes!

Loving her adorable tutu that my friend made especially for Grace! Parachute Games!

Enjoying some yummy cake! So, I didn't let Grace go all out with this one, but rather she had 1 dainty bite-sized cupcake. No mess to clean up and we avoided a sugar high too!
Grace loves her pretty pink piano!
"Thanks Nana for helping with my party!"
And before I forget, here are a couple pics from Grace's first experience with snow! She LOVED being outside in her puppy snow suit!

8 lovely notes:

ed and brooke said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Glad you guys had a great holiday. Her little tutu is darling! And that crown... so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace! (A day late.) So darling! It was great to see and visit with all of you over the holiday. Drive safe and keep up with the posts. Love you, Heidi

Kristin said...

What a cutie! She looks like a natural at the pink piano.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! Josh and I were trying to figure out who the other guest were at the party! We didn't recognize anyone. I assume friends of yours and their kids. Looks like a fun party! Sorry we missed it.

Emily said...

It was such a fun party! That princess Grace is to die for :)

Tara and Ricky said...

What a sweet little thing! Happy birthday Grace! It looks like you threw quite the party! That parachute brings back some nice Little Gym memories.:)

Shannon said...

So cute~!! I am so sad we missed it! She looked adorable in her tutu!

Rachel said...

So cute Carebear! We had so much fun at the party. And we love the picture of Grace and Lily together on the parachute. Thanks again!