Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Disneyland Getaway


So, it had been a while since Steve and I had a trip to Disneyland (we were both in high school). Since this destination is only 5 1/2 hours away, we thought it would be a fun trip since Steve is on his spring break right now. We stayed at the Anaheim Marriot... it was beautiful, but it's too bad that nice hotels don't have a continental breakfast ( I think an omlet was nearly $13 !). We spent 3 days there. On Saturday we met up with some of our friends, Kristin & Brian and John & Liz.What is a Disney trip without a classic picture with Mickey Mouse?Lightning McQueen...Me with my 3D bug eye glasses... quite the fashion statement.Steve playing the organ at Mickey's house... he had way to much fun with this picture.

This was at "Minnie's House" in Toon Town. One of my favorite rides is the Tower of Terror. About a year ago my sister Abby went to Disneyland and recorded a video on her phone of the ride... it was so funny to hear her scream. I decided to do the same. I had no idea a screamed this much... maybe I was just nervous about losing my camera on the ride. (warning: you may want to turn down the volume on your speakers if you view the 2nd video.)






This picture was taken while waiting in line for Midway Mania... it was so much fun (one of Steve's favorites).The only downside to the whole trip was the expensive food. Can you believe this, $5.99 for a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich!

12 lovely notes:

Tara and Ricky said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! We are so jealous! Mine and Ricky's favorite ride was definitely The Tower of Terror as well.... I have some hysterical pictures of Ricky on that ride I will have to show you... They are hillarious!!

Amy said...

Cara, You made Jane and Ben's day with those pictures. They screamed like crazy people when they saw CARS. Ben said, "I wanna go to dat place!" It would be fun sometime to take a family vacation and all meet at Disneyland. Glad you guys got a little vacation together.

Amy said...

Jane wanted to know if you saw any princesses.

Anonymous said...

Cara You are so funny! Your screaming in the dark...what a riot! That is a keeper...don't show that to your children until they have finished riding it!!!

Love Mom

Heidi said...

don't you remeber playing murder in the dark - definately a screamer and we love you lots! Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a blast. Tower of Terror is definitely one of my favorites as well. Glad you two had a good time :)

Plowgian Page said...

You look just like kids again. Looks like you had fun at your candy store.

Lenice said...

Cara, what a blast. I love Disneyland!!

Emily said...

Oh Cara I miss you! Listening to you scream like that just made my whole day! Isn't that the freakiest ride? Since going on it I can always just imagine the floor beneith me giving way and free falling to my death! I love Disneyland!!!

Criscell said...

SOOOO FUN! I'm jealous! Would you believe I've still never been there??!

Brenbren said...

NO WAY! That is so cool that you went! I have never been there!?! So, listen to your screaming video again and listen to what you say at the end;) It SOUNDS naughty, but I am just giving you a hard time!

Cara and Steve said...

Haha... I promise it wasn't a bad word... I never slip up with that one :)