Thursday, September 11, 2008

Almost Employed

Well, I had a job interview today and I must say that it went very well. I interveiwed for a physical therapy assistant job at Foothills Physical Therapy. The office is a super short commute from where we live and the hours should be really good (much better than 12 hour nights shifts, holidays, and weekends). The owner, Doug, was very friendly and he seemed highly interested in my resume. He actually said in the interview that although he is only looking to hire someone part-time, he would try to make it a full-time position... I'll just have to wait and see. He also mentioned that I would fit in very well and when I offered to give him some references he said that he didn't need them because he felt really good about the interview. So, I can't say anything is for sure yet, but keep your fingers crossed. I also decided to take the day off from job applications... you can really get a little burned out from it.

As for other updates, Steve is getting very busy in school. He said that there is just sooooo much material to learn. For example, in one 3 hr. lecture he got more information to study that he got in some of his undergraduate classes in 3 weeks! However, he has been setting aside 30 min. to 1 hr. each day for "Cara time," so it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Our ward here has been great so far. I have met soooo many new people and a lot of women that are in my same position: jobless with a husband in medical school. So far this week I have been to book club, playgroup (even though I don't have children), and tomorrow I am going to an institute class and cooking club. It seems that are ward isn't lacking people serving on the activities committee. Well, our camera comes back in less than a month now, so check back for pictures soon!

4 lovely notes:

Amy said...

Cara,

That's great news about the job, and sounds like you made a great impression (not surprising). That's great that you are involving yourself so much with all of the groups and activities to keep you busy and meeting new people (that can be difficult).

We're praying for Steve and for you! We're looking forward to seeing you soon and viewing some pictures once you get your camera back! :)

Keep us posted on the job! We love and miss you!

brooke and chad coon said...

Hey I wanted to ask you guys if you had plans for somewhere to stay when you go to St. George next month for the marathon. I'm assuming you aren't driving up from Arizona in the morning. Anyway, we're staying at my grandma's house, which is totally empty and has tons of room, if you need a place. It's in Cedar City, about 40 minutes from St. George. (I would just call, but I don't have your number...)

Emily said...

I've been waiting to hear if you got the job!? Have you heard yet?? it's been a week :)They'd be crazy not to hire you!
love, Em

grace said...

Cara, we sure miss you in SLC! The U just isn't the same without you. Loving the blogging!