Thursday, September 18, 2008

Something to Occupy my Time...


Well, good news everyone... I finally have a job! Although I got this news just yesterday, I already started work today. It felt soooo good to be finally working again. Nothing can make you more grateful to have employment than being unemployed (and I only had to experience it for 4 weeks). So, I am working at Foothills Physical Therapy as a physical therapy technician. After working in busy hospitals for the past 4 years, working in a clinic feels so good. Things are much more laid back and there is actually an adequate amount of staff to do the job well (something you won't find to often in hospitals, except for Primary Children's... they did pretty well with staffing). Another perk is that I am only 1.5 miles away from work!... you can't beat that. The clinic also has a separate business where they do personal training and provide some group fitness classes. So, maybe in the future I'll be able to become involved with that as well. Thanks to everyone for their love, prayers, and support... I feel very blessed.



Here is a picture of the clinic... sorry for the lack of pictures as of lately. As you may know, my camera is still in Salt Lake.






5 lovely notes:

Amy said...

Cara, that's great news! I can't wait to tell Josh. Boy, with all the crazy stuff that's going on in the world lately, I'm sure it feels really good to have a job, huh? We're so happy for you. It sounds like it's a great fit (and a cool looking office)!

Amy Butler said...

Cara, congradulations on your new job. You'll do great and no doubt quickly move up the ladder. I've also gotten a new job. I'll be working at the IHC hospital in Murray. I'll be working in cardiology on their research staff as a coordinator over a study. Today was my last day in pulmonary rehab. I'm a little sad but excited for this new oportunity.
Best of luck in your new job.
Amy Butler
amy4goodhealth@yahoo.com

The Porters said...

We feel so bad that we couldn't connect with you before you headed down. You will do great down there and we wish you only the best. Give us a call some time

Lauren said...

Cara! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad I stumbled on it cuz I didn't get to wish you guys good luck with everything before you left! So my Steve and I have a blog too and it is http://thegehrkes.blogspot.com/ if you want to check it out. Good luck with everything! :D

Emily said...

congrats Cara! That's awesome! I'm so excited for you. And how great that it's so close by too!