Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Doing Well in Arizona

Well, we've been here for about 1 1/2 weeks and the heat hasn't taken us yet! Actually, it has been surprisingly "mild" if you are considering Arizona's usual highs of 108 during this time of year. This past week it was only around 100... not to bad I guess. The only problem is that it is "monsoon season" right now so it has been very humid. I had no idea that Arizona could be humid, but it's the truth.

So, you probably are hoping to see some pictures of our new place and some of our moving adventures, but I hate to disappoint you. During our "moving adventure" I accidentally left our camera at my parents home in Salt Lake. So, you will have to wait another month to see what we have been up to. I plan to get my camera back when I run the St. George marathon during the first weekend of October... so until then, you will have to just read... I know it sounds kind of ancient.

Steve started classes today. He actually was pretty excited... the three day orientation last week did not satisfy is intellectual mind. As for me, I am still looking for employment... it sounds really strange to say that I am currently un-employed. I did, however, have a job interview last week, but still no word. Our apartment is really nice and I am proud to say that everything is unpacked and almost organized. This new place has sooo much more room that our last apartment, and I am pleased to say that we have plenty of room if anyone wants to visit.

Well, I promise to give updates more frequently in the future, but for now I am continuing my "job hunt" online... wish me luck!

4 lovely notes:

brooke and chad coon said...

Hey Cara- Yay for your blog! I love it. First of all, good luck with the job search. Secondly, I'm jealous your house actually has space to walk in. And third, you're running the St. George?! So is Chad. Maybe we'll have to meet up or something... Anyway, glad the move went well!

Amanda said...

Cara, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. As much as I hate to say it, I really miss work. We're in and almost unpacked, we only have 1 room left! Keep in touch!

Amanda said...

I didn't know you knew Brooke too!

Nicole said...

Hey Cara! I had no idea you had a blog and found it through Brooke's blog, I am so excited I ran into it. I feel so bad that I didn't know you guys had moved. I found out a couple of weeks ago, I guess with summer vacationing and other things going on I didn't realize you guys were off to Arizona and didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Anyways, lets keep in touch.